Friday, January 06, 2006

Oh, sweet widgets....

My son is staring wide-eyed and still at a blank wall right now, sitting on his bed, completely engrossed in a CD Drama of the Chronicles of Narnia. For one who loves anything with a screen, this is a most precious picture to me.

He listened for an hour and half straight last night.

We bought the 19 CD set of all 7 books online for $29. It may have been the best purchase this year. ;-)


In other news, silly news, I LOVE widgets.
(www.widgets.yahoo.com)

Yes, this is a sick side of me, but I am obsessed with weather. Through widgets, I now have a radar screen of Tulsa, along with a weather screen / 5 day forcast on my desktop screen. Oh, and I have a digital clock, a calendar and a picture frame.

You can get anything from games to live video cams scientific laboratories. I could become obessessed if I didn't have a life. So I'll stop with the weather radar.

Not like I need it much right now anyway.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh sweet Heather, I'm just starting to think we have so much in common! I ordered that set on CD too but it has not come in yet. We can't wait.
I had not idea you were that interested in the weather. My brother is a storm chaser. Maybe you and I can go out together sometime watching with him. It's really cool. You can find him on this weather page http://www.okarkskywarn.org/UserView.asp?startletter=K and I'll send you some others as well later. He's great to have around during Tornado season! He knows just when to take shelter! ;o)

Heather said...

SHUT UP!! ( in the nice awestruck sense!)
Some people have their top ten lists of things they want to do before they die. I don't have big goals - just two..... and that is one of them. I WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!!

WOW!!!

(I hope my mom doesn't read this one! )