Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sing away, girl.

In the middle of night Julia calls for me. Groggily and reluctantly I drag myself to her bed. This is an improvement, as she is, after much reminding, at least staying in her bed instead of scaring me out of my mind by just standing next to me in the middle of the night.

"Mommy - do you want me to sing a song?" Bright eyes, full of excitement and genuine anticipation.

No Julia. Go back to sleep.

"But I weally weally want to sing you a song - it's 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'!

No Julia, not now. Go back to sleep.

"But don't you want the stars to shine?"


Hmmmm.


Okay. Sing your song.

She sweetly, in an unforgettable 3 year old way, does.

"Thanks mommy. I love you. Goodnight."

My body may not always agree, but to the heart, there are some things worth waking up for.


No comments: