Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Teaching and learning more from God....

Okay - one more praise to God! Your responses to the post on Eli's teacher made me think I really should share that with her. Today, I got a letter from her that made my heart just swell with how God works, and I wanted to share part of it with you. Isn't He just amazing?!?

I will be honest, I was really struggling before school started this year and I wasn't looking forward to starting in a new school for the third year in a row. (Last year I was the last one hired so when they cut a job at our school, that teacher took my position.)
I wondered what God's plans were in placing me not only in a different school, but such a drive from our home. (Funny how we complained about the same thing !) When I first met your family and you gave me the letter on Eli, I knew why I was at Eliot. I got chills when I read your letter as I have written a similar letter myself as I dropped Robbie off when he was little. I still keep in touch with his first teachers that not only helped him, but brought me out of the hole I had fallen into. We became very good friends and we finally got a chance to teach together the last year I was in Iowa. ....
Today Eli had a great day, so I had the other kids cheer for him at the end of the day. :-) He loved the attention. :-)


I just love our God. And I love the indescribable blessing of friends like you who praise Him too, and in doing so open more doors of blessing and influence. Thanks.

No comments: