Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Friday

Tonight we had an AMAZING time of worship at a friends home.

On the way there, since this was out of our usual routine, I explained to Eli and Julia what the evening would be like.

Julia said: "I know! Let's praise the Lord first, eat second, and play third! "

We all laughed. I asked the kids if they knew what today was, and was getting ready to explain it to them when Eli surprised me by saying "I know! I know! Today is Good Friday!"

I was honestly surprised that he was aware, so I asked him how he knew.

He replied, "When Emmerson (a friend) and I got to school, we looked at our calendars and it said Good Friday. Then Emmerson told me all about it and then we went to the Lincoln Logs center and played Jesus and the cross.... Emmerson really reads his bible!!"

What a sweet blessing I almost didn't even know about. I'm thankful that God calls and teaches our children even when we are unaware.

Tonight we sat around a living room and sang, prayed, shared communion, and listened to thoughts on why indeed this was a good Friday. It was so good to be with friends who celebrated the redemption we have in Christ. It was a night I won't soon forget, commemorating a sacrifice we can never forget.

No comments: