Sunday, January 07, 2007

Well - John and Jeanne love the books they won... so if you haven't started reading the books, you no longer have to settle for just my opinion!!

On a funny note (which we are never short of around here) Julia entertained us well tonight.
We had a meal following our small group bible study. I had made a big pot of chicken noodle soup... and one of the younger girls, Carolyn, was adding some hot sauce to hers when Julia walked by and saw what she was doing.

"Don't use that all up, " said Julia.

Why?" asked Carolyn.

"Because we have to use that for me when I pick my nose and eat it." said Julia.


I don't know which was funnier: that she shared our discipline techniques on her own embarrasing habits, or that she actually wanted the hot sauce preserved in case she needed it again. :-) She'll appreciate that when she's 20.


BTW, I was not in time out, I was exasperated, COMMA...... however, Shane, you are in a blogging time out, Mr. Funny Man.

On a serious note, this weeks resolution is to stop saying "no" to things I think are impossible, and to stop saying "yes" just because something is possible. I really want to let God lead and to disconnect from the me that feels pretty competent at doing life on my own. I want to let thoughts of how I just messed something up go... I want to embrace the Spirit led thoughts that cross my heart but normally get pushed out by the fears of my flesh.

This resolution really began in the form of a prayer, last week. It's shocking, when you pray sincerely and desperately, and God begins to answer. He is peeling away layers in me this week that are both terrifying and energizing. Funny how going where you want to go can feel so uncomfortable. I

3 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Shane's response, draft 1:

(screaming & crying) "You're not my Mom! You can't put me in time out!"

Shane's response, draft 2:

(pouting) "Why haven't you put Terry or Dusty in blogging time out before? It's not fair!"

Shane's response, draft 3:

(ducking for cover) "Nice earrings!"

Hmmmm, maybe Shane better think a little longer before responding...

;-)

C said...

Thanks for working with Julia before she attends school. :-)
Maybe she is picking to get the sauce.:-) Start making her eat vegges and then you might get her to stop. :-)

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Shane is asking for it!!!!

Well, Heather, I knew you weren't putting yourself in time out, but it was just too good to pass up!!

I do love the book, but if I don't pace myself I'll have to make a new week's resolution that I won't blow off everything else in life while reading a good book! I've been known to stay up all night (when I was younger and could actually still physically do that!) just to finish a good book.

I never tire of the Julia and Eli stories! Just one question, how exactly do you apply the hot sauce? Is it applied before picking or used as a dipping sauce afterwards? Just curious! 

I love the journey with God. I too want to go places with Him and yet I’m sometimes afraid of where He might lead me. A passage that keeps me putting one foot in front of the other is Psalm 84:5-7.
“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca (Valley of Weeping) they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.”