Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bad Parenting 101

You know those little 'foot powered' toddler cars? Ours is red, with a little yellow roof. We've had it for a while... it gets used well.

Julia, however, decided today that her brother's head looked like a good target for road kill, and 'drove' right over it. That didn't sit well with him.

I, astonished at her brazeness, began to yell quite loudly at her. At one point, I asked the proverbial:

"How would you like that if I did it to you?"

Julia thought seriously, and boldly said :

"You wouldn't fit."

The next few moments were a blur, but at some point I remember looking up, scrunched into this car with one whole leg still hanging out, and seeing my husband, son and daughter stare at me with confused, slightly amused looks on their faces.

I think I forgot the point I was making... and lost a little respect in the process. Hate it when that happens.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

That is hilarious!!!!!

Brenda said...

Yeah...I think that thought in my head would have been..."YOU WANNA BET???" LOL..Heather...You crack me up!

Jeanne said...

Oh, Heather! The mental image of that moment will keep me giggling for days! Thanks for sharing it. I just love those moments when our best intentions backfire - such as one note solos on the praise team! Anyway, I really needed a laugh yesterday and your entry really delivered!

Carrie said...

That was the funniest story....I really needed a good laugh and like Jeanne said, that mental image was playing in my mind and people were staring at me as I was laughing hysterically out loud!!!!