Monday, September 19, 2005

Swallowed Up " ...so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life."

" ... for He seems to do nothing of Himself which He can possibly delegate to His creatures. He commands us to do slowly and blunderingly what He could do perfectly in the twinkling of an eye. He allows us to neglect what He would have us do, or to fail. Perhaps we do not fully realize the problem, so to call it, of enabling finite, free wills to co-exist with Omnipotence. It seems to involve every moment almost a sort of divine abdication." - C.S. Lewis

I love this quote. It puts so concisely what I have grappled with for years in my relationship with God - a desire to please perfectly, and a body and self will that don't keep in step with that desire.

I guess that is ultimately why I grow more and more in love with Him. His mercy inspires my own. And boy do I need it.

Julia's first haircut, nailpolish and lipgloss today. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed her enjoying those things!

Today was the first day in a commitment to read through the New Testament in the next 90 days with 34 other women. What a huge privilege! I'm excited to see what God will bring from it.

I'm realizing that I am going to have to be concise with this blogging thing. I feel like I'm trying to catch up on a long overdue letter to all my friends and family. Which is funny considering no one even knows I have one right now!

Later.

No comments: