I don't know if anyone still reads this anymore. It's not that there hasn't been anything worth writing, ironically, it's that there's little time in the summer to share it!
I haven't posted in a while, and thought about taking the summer off, but Theresa tagged me! And I always want to be tagged. (Residual feelings from often being the last one picked for team sports at summer camp. ) So here goes!
Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And so... random facts...
1. I love the weather channel. Because I love rain, and just to know it's happening somewhere in the world makes it a happy thing for me. I especially love severe weather.
2. Small talk is difficult for me. I struggle to have conversations with people unless it's serious - and since it's sometimes not the right place to to have a serious conversation, I make small talk, which I'm no good at. This makes me kind of nerdy and insecure at the same time. (Unless somebody already knows that about me and is okay with it. ) I think at least a quarter of the population feels the same, but it's good for me to say it out loud about myself, anyway.
3. I'm adopted. Which is funny because later in life when my dad adopted two kids I remember wondering how I would deal with someone adopted becoming a part of our family. (It worked out great, by the way. - Adoption's like that.)
4. At # 4, I'm struggling to come up with a random fact. Because I'm boring and don't do small talk well, which anything having to do with me is small talk. That counts as a fact, right?
5. I HATE talking on the phone. This causes problems because I'm a secretary / receptionist.
6. I'm good at faking. That's how I get by with #5.
7. I don't do the laundry in our family. I always ruin clothes and take forever to get them done.
8. I love lists. I also hate them. The organized me fights with the obsessive me. It's sort of the binge/ purge/ binge cycle that I imagine bulimics go through. (Except I'm no thinner at the end of it. )
So I tag: Cindy & Lindsey . ( I, like Theresa, don't follow rules all the time.)