Monday, July 09, 2007

Grandmas have the touch.

Jason's mom and step-dad were here to visit this weekend, which was fun. The kids were sad after they left.

This morning Julia woke up, and wanted some breakfast. (Which usually has been a cold poptart and a glass of milk.)
When I set the poptart and milk down in front of her, she said "Grandma McCall makes the best ones of these."
I asked her why she thought that and she said : "Because she roasts them."

What a novel idea. :-) So we've begun 'roasting' them, in honor of Grandma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad used to take me to a restaurant that would heat a simple honey bun with a dollop of butter on top. I can still remember that delicious taste of the warm cinnamon mixed with butter.......a roasted warm pop-tart is the same. cold - it is just breakfast, but warm - it is a delectable treat! I whole-heartedly agree with Julia.
Billye

C said...

That is so sweet! :-) Add it to your family recipe book. :-)